The Isle of Luing
Our island has a very large number of vulnerable residents due to Covid-19. We have limited access to medical facilities so their protection is vital.
BEFORE coming across on the ferry, you should be aware of the following:
- There are no public toilets.
- There are no public or private areas for any type of camping.
- We therefore cannot accommodate motorhomes, campervans, tents etc on Luing and would ask you to use official sites elsewhere.
- Luing Bike Hire is closed this season.
If you do decide to come across, please remember the following:
- Maintain social distancing (2m) if you meet anyone.
- Stay on the roads and tracks.
- Keep your dog(s) on a lead at all times.
- Climb gates at HINGE end or wipe latches and spring bolts that you touch with anti-viral wipes. Do not leave gates open.
- The shop is open (Mon-Sat) for groceries, ice creams, gifts etc
- Please take your rubbish home with you.
The Atlantic Islands Centre is now open on Tuesdays and Fridays for takeaways!
Friday - Lunch menu 12-4pm
Dinner Menu 4-7pm
Saturday - Lunch menu 11-2 (different to Friday)
Weekly meat, fish & vegan specials available too, please ask when you call.
>>> Download our menu via the link below <<<
PLEASE PHONE ALL ORDERS IN FROM 10AM ON THE DAY - 01852 314096
An island escape nestling just off the Oban coast, Luing offers beauty and adventure in equal measure.
Hop on the tiny local ferry to cross the narrow channel of Cuan Sound. Then discover abundant wildlife, unspoilt beaches, historic ruins and pristine trails. In the conservation village of Cullipool, stop in at the Atlantic Islands Centre for gifts and fresh local food.
Our events calendar for up to date happenings and see what our amazing community has to offer.
Bring your car, hire a bike or just wander on foot. It’s all waiting to be explored!